13 September, 2006

The dogs must be crazy

OR ... My adventures in doggie sitting. Last night Tink & I welcomed Shadow into our little home for the rest of the week. Shadow is another terrier - I can't quite remember which - but she's just a little taller than Tink, smaller head, brown, rough coat. Anyway, a sweetie. She plays with Tink quite a lot because her "dad" works with me and he comes by to visit and let the dogs play often. Also Tink stayed with her while I was up at Steve and Ginny's last weekend, so they are used to each other and love to play. Their dynamic is a little different than Tink and Jasmine, though. With them Jasmine is definitely the more submissive. With Tink and Shadow it's less obvious. While they're both a bit submissive I think in this instance Tink is the "bottom" usually, but it switches back and forth. So, we got ready for bed and I put Tink on the bed, then Shadow. Then Tink jumped off. Then Shadow jumped off. This went on for a couple more rounds and then it looked like Shadow squatted like she was peeing! I didn't see anything obvious, as in a puddle on the duvet but as I was looking I wasn't paying attention to what Tink was doing. THEN I looked over at Tink who was in a piddle squat and really letting go! I mean..... she was really going! WTF??!! I yanked the duvet off the bed, hoping that it hadn't soaked through to the down comforter or worse yet, the feather bed. whew! Dodged a bullet there but .. my duvet!! It's dry clean only. I could not believe my eyes! What was that about?? I have no idea.

After I stopped screaming we tried again and I got them to calm down for a while, but Tink still was up and down and off and on and under the bed. I picked up a bone in the living room and put it away, thinking that maybe she was distracted by a treat. Like she didn't want Shadow to get it or something. She didn't really calm down until after midnight. I am hoping that tonight won't be a repeat performance. I'm draggin' today.

AND I got wet coming into work as well. Rain. Well, really kind of a dense mist, but wet all the same. I changed from my shorts into my long pants after I went outside, it was coming down that hard. I am wearing my brown Green Gable sweater today with a light blue suit. Looks good. I washed in in the machine on the "hand wash" cycle and it came out beautiful! That funny spot in the front though, where I thought I had dropped and stitch and made one and then went back ... well, it still kind of shows up, but not so much as before. Hopefully a couple more trips through the washer and it'll be fine.

What with all the doggie excitement I didn't do much knitting last night. A few more rows on the Noro sweater. I need to take a couple more deep breaths before I tackle my Ogee Tunic again. Now that I'm pretty sure what I did wrong I'm not so scared. Maybe I'll just cast on 20 stitches and try the motif again to make positive sure I've got it. I can't stand the frustration or pain of doing it wrong again. I scanned the charts from the book yesterday and blew them up a bit before printing them. One of the ladies in my Wednesday afternoon knitting group suggested coloring each code block a different color - the cable backs and cable fronts and twisted ... they're just too hard to see, what with the only difference being a line slanting one way or another. I HATE those charts. I would be happy to just have written out instructions and I was thinking of translating these into written ones but she suggested the coloring approach and it might work. I'll give it a try anyway.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Fingers crossed for a more relaxing time tonight for you and the pooches...
only two more days till the weekend. Yahoo!