18 September, 2006

A football football football weekend

It was a wonderful football weekend! Omar took me to the Husky game on Saturday. They played Fresno State and won! For the first time in years the Huskies have won two games at home! They are 2 and 1. This is huge for this program after the years of suckage. The stadium was almost as loud as Qwest Field. We just had such a fun time!

And yesterday was the season opener for the Seahawks. They won too. My left ear is still aching from the noise. The guy sitting next to me was on full obnoxious mode - must have been drunk because I don't remember him being that obnoxious last season. Anyway, he kept whistling! You know, that high pitched whistle that makes your ears ring? I traded places with Amie for the second half. I couldn't take it. Plus I had a bad sinus thing going on so I was fighting a headache. Fighting it with beer. ;-) I won.

My nephew spent the evening (and the night, I guess) with my dad and I just relaxed at home and tried to do some knitting while watching more football. I am just stymied with the cables along the raglan increases. I'm going to have to rip it out again because they still don't look right! They don't look like cables. I think that I should have charted it out and that's what I'm going to do next. If I can see the stitches on a graph I'll be better able to plot the traveling cable. I am figuring that my problem is that I'm starting the purl stitch before the 4 stitch cable one stitch too close to the raglan increases. If I start it out 2 or even 3 that might fix the problem. Again, I'll have to look at a graph. So I was wanting some instant gratification. I started a pair of "Fetching" on two circular needles rather than the DPNs. Looking good so far. Man, it goes fast!

Taking off at noon to take Dad to the hospital. I will feel much better once I get him there and under some professional care. Then I can take a deep breath. I mean one that's not a sigh.

And lastly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Secret Pal 8, Baa Bonny Belle

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Thank you, Shelley. A non-monumental day, but pretty good. I do plan to get some knitting in tonight...that will be the best part.

Best wishes to your Dad.