07 September, 2006

Every year I forget

I forget just how stressful and insane the first week of class is. And this year it's even worse because, while she was often times the worst secretary in the world, I am missing the secretary for the little things she would do for me now. I hit the ground running and don't stop all day unless I think about it -- like now. Stop. Breath. Blink. All will be fine next week - or at least not so frantic.

Good news - I have an appointment with a counselor next week to talk about these issues with my dad. Even just talking with her for a few minutes today put my mind at ease. She told me not to freak out, that she can help me, which is SUCH a load off my mind! Plus my nephew has informed his mom that rather than head down to SoCal when he gets back from Alaska (Sunday), he's going to stay up here and help me and be with his gramp! What a good boy he is. I don't feel so alone in all this any more, which is really good. And I'll have good news for Dad when I go visit him tonight, which is also good news.

When I was up visiting Steve and Ginny I got a little wasp sting on the bottom of my foot. They had an exterminator spray them so it was in its death throes but stung me nevertheless. Here it is Thursday afternoon (this happened Monday morning) and my foot is still itching!! It's driving me nuts. I can't take Benedryl during the day because it makes me too sleepy. I took one last night when I got home from my hair appointment and I was out like a light before 10. Stress combined with the Benedryl I guess.

I got more done on my sock at the hair place. That is going to be one hot pair of socks! The stranding makes the fabric thick and cushy and warm. One of my lunchtime knitting pals gave me the information and sign up sheet for the knitting retreat in November. I sure want to go, but I need to see how things are going to shake out with Dad first.

Okay, that was my break. Back to it.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

It would be such a kick to have you at the Knitting Retreat, I hope it works out for you.