01 September, 2006

Let the loooooong weekend begin

Last night I started my nice long weekend. Went to the Seahawks pre-season game. They handily beat the Raiders. Finally they were looking like the Seahawks of last season and that was great! I had, of course, other plans for this weekend but they have gone south (literally) along with Mr. G. Let's all now say b'bye to one of my least favorite mistakes. Will he be telephoning to say goodbye? Shall we make bets? Well the day has just started. I really have no clue if he'll step up or not. I think if he doesn't I'll do it, just to bug him.

So I have made pampering plans. It's a stunning day - not a cloud in the sky. Tink didn't let me sleep very long since she was alone all day and long into the evening last night so it's not yet 8:30 and I'm almost ready to get dressed and go in search of a nice cup of coffee and a scone or something. At noon I have an appointment for a massage. My friend R is an attorney who does some bartering. One of her clients is a massage therapist so I get gift certificates on every gifting opportunity and I have a few stacked up since the masseuse doesn't work on weekends and therefore I must have a weekend day appointment. A nice massage, then I'll run out to see my dad and do a few errands for him, then I'll have all afternoon and evening to start my FO extravaganza weekend. I MAY bind off the socks and cast on for a new pair. Or maybe I'll bite the bullet and finish up the cardigan and then while I'm watching movies tonight finish knitting the shrug for K. See? Lots and lots of fun things to do today and tonight. Plus which I've got 3 Netflix.

Tomorrow I get to meet my Secret Pal. Isn't that cool?? She lives close-ish to Seattle and is coming up to have a late lunch with me after my manicure and pedicure tomorrow (another pampering appointment). I am so looking forward to that. She has been an awesome pal. Now if Nonnahs could just fly up we could have a Secret Pal weekend! I have been thinking about SP9 and I have decided that I am going to volunteer to be an angel this time around. I have been so lucky 2 times out of 3 that I'd like to spread a little of it around.

This weekend marks the end of summer for just about everyone. My busiest time of year at work and football season as well. I am getting my wood delivered on Sunday. Not that I heat my house with wood but I have fireplaces upstairs and down and I found last year that $100 of wood really made a difference in the amount of heating oil I went through since I managed to keep warm downstairs without turning the heat on for quite late into the year. So I'm going to try it again this year. It's cosy too. Oh yes, I'd much rather have a cuddling companion but hey, can't have everything. (And the kid in me is saying right now, WHY?? Why can't I have everything?? I want everything. )

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

This weekends plans that you now have in place are sooooo much better than, well, you know who! Ok...so part of the plans include me, LOL!

K came home and then jetted off to the Eagles club to meet up with neighbor for a beer. Now, I DO NOT feel any guilt for taking a few hours tomorrow for myself. Yeah!

Tonight is a good knitting night for me. I have A's "Fetching" glove to finish and I am itching to start on my Fair Isle.

See you tomorrow!