29 November, 2006

It's brutal

Ooooooo still cold! Very cold. Right now it's 25 degrees outside. I walked into work again today. It is too icy to bike in. And it's supposed to snow again today but, if the weather report is correct, it should warm up and we'll get rain tomorrow.

I did some knitting last night and it was goooood! I worked on the socks. I'm doing a heart lace pattern and now that I'm using a crochet hook for the k4tog, it is coming along better. I think tonight though I'm going to make myself an earflap hat with some yarn that I bought last January when I was in Paris. I usually only wear hats when I'm on the ski slopes - those knit types of hats, I mean. But it is so cold here now that I think I would actually wear it. And if not, I can give it away. No shortage of takers around here.

I had a very long walk yesterday. After walking in to work, I needed to go to the post office, then the bank and then I needed groceries. It was a long circle but, as I had hoped, I got all of my errands done and got home in time to get Tinkerbell her walk before it got dark. I didn't want to be slipping and sliding along in the dark! And poor little Tinkie! She doesn't like the cold and I get lots and lots of doggie love! She sat in the chair next to me while I read the paper and knit a bit. She likes to be right IN my lap which sometimes make it a bit awkward but I work around it. It's worth it.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Hey there Shelley. Wow...thank you for the great surprise. Alex tried to take my chocolates. What a great colorway for the cuffs. Life has been busy with Kevin and Jake gone. From the pics, your trip to Paris looked lovely.

Will have to have coffee soon. Thank you again...I am glad we were hooked up.
:)