06 November, 2006

It's a Noro thing


It seems there are quite a few Noro obsessed people out there in Knitland. Nonnahs was kind enough to point me to this site - a blogger promoting her own Noro obsession, Norovember. I signed up -- of course I did! While I spent the greater part of Friday, Saturday AND Sunday fetching and carrying for my Dad, I did have some time to knit. I've got a stripped scarf in the work. I'm using the Noro Silk Garden I nabbed on sale at my LYS and some left over Kureyon. Except I was running out of the left over stuff too fast, so I stopped by and bought another skein to work the scarf, and a skein to work ... well, I'm getting ahead of myself. Here's the scarf. It's very squishy. I'm doing a 2x2 rib on size 11 needles - 24 stitches. It's going to be warm. And aren't the colors gorgeous?

While I was at my LYS I also bought a skein of Lamb's Pride in black and a skein of Noro in some gorgeous greens for the Fake Isle hat from Magknits. I'm interested in trying Fair Isle and this will be a fun way to do it. The Noro looks a little drag in this picture, but it's really not.

And finally, I did get more work done on the raglan pullover. I'm still not sure what to do about the neck but I've got a few more repeats to do on the sleeve before I have to make that decision. These pictures were taken with my real camera and thus the colors are much more honest than the ones taken with my camera phone. Here's a closeup of the sleeve: The cables are the same as the ones used on the ribbing on the bottom. I guess the picture could have used a bit more contrast. And here's a picture of the whole thing.

No comments: