28 November, 2006

It's not even winter yet!!

What is up with this weather??? First it rains like ... like crazy. And now it's snowy and cold. The streets are just sheets of ice. I hear that many people got stuck going home from the football game last night. It was snowing at the game! We were playing Green Bay on Monday Night Football and I'll bet people thought the game was in Green Bay rather than Seattle. Snow was covering the field and the groundsmen were running back and forth across the 10 yard lines with snow shovels, scraping off the snow as fast as it fell. It was pretty amazing. And the game was awesome!! It was exciting to see one of my heroes. AND it was great that the Seahawks were able to win. It didn't look good there for a while. Hasselbeck didn't have his timing and kept throwing interceptions. But they got it together and it was very exciting. I watched the end of it at home on TV.

I got a ride from my friend since I was so jet lagged I just couldn't face driving plus which I hate driving when there's snow. The snowfall from Sunday night had pretty much disappeared by Monday afternoon but Monday evening right before kickoff is when it started up again. Her babysitter informed her at half time that the roads were closing around her house so we took off a little into the third quarter which was, in retrospect, exactly the right thing to do. By the time we got to my exit off the freeway you could see nothing but tail lights ahead of us. She barely made it home last night -- the hills were starting to get slick. I was going to drive in today because of Dad's doctor's appointments but I was talked out of it and so I walked in. I nearly fell several times. It is just ice all over. The streets are crazy slick. I cancelled my AM appointment tomorrow just in case there's no change.

I am itching to get back to knitting!! I had about an hour to knit last night but each of my 3 projects that I have on the needles is at a point where I need to take some time to figure out where I am and where I'm going, if you know what I mean. I don't have a project that I can just pick up and mindlessly knit like I usually do. Tonight I'll have time to get organized. I want to get a little more into that sock and see if the lace pattern I picked out will work and I have a pair of Fetching mitts I'm making for our office Christmas gift exchange but I'm making them a little longer on both ends, so I have to find the row counter I was using .... oops .... and figure out where I am on my repeats. Then my Ogee Tunic sleeves sitting there in their basket, looking a little neglected. I feel guilty.

No comments: