02 November, 2006

A little good news ... a little bad news

I took my bike to get fixed yesterday. Fortunately the repair guy cleaned out the shifter first and lo and behold, it worked! So he phoned to tell me that he didn't need to replace the shifters. yay! When I went to pick up the bike after work most of the repair guys were gone and there was a note on my bike saying that there were too many things wrong with it to make it worthwhile to fix! Then some notation that the rims were shot. Heaven knows I've put some miles on that bike. I've had it for over 12 years and I ride it all year around. I guess that means that the next time something major happens I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a new bike. With all that's happening around me now I'm not even going to entertain the idea. Long may she roll!!!

And speaking of rolling - we were rolling in the pouring rain today. As I said it would, it warmed up so I'm not complaining. I've got rain gear and we all know I'm not made of sugar and therefore will not melt.

I had a cozy evening last night, a little knitting and I watched "Over the Hedge" and then "Lost" (which was excellent although I'm going to miss the character that kicked it last night). I don't know what I would do if I were Jack! Anyway .... I knit a bit on my sock and then a good bit on the raglan cardigan. I got the sleeve shaping done and have started on the wrist cable ribbing. Goofed up my stripe matching though. This particular colorway has pink at both ends and I thought I was getting the pink that goes into purple end when in fact I got the pink that goes into another pink end so they're not going to match. But what the heck -- it's a goofy looking sweater and it's not supposed to match anyway!

No comments: