01 November, 2006

What's next?

First it was my dryer on Saturday. And now it's my bike. Of course I know the shifter had been getting worse but now it won't shift at all. Unfortunately my bike is over 10 years old and now road bikes have 10 gears, mine just 7. I ran into this problem a couple years ago when I had the rear cassette replaced and they had to order the part and it took for-freakin'-ever. This time I'm smart - I'm looking for the replacement part myself FIRST. I spoke to a guy at the bike shop where I purchased this bike all those years ago and he was the one who told me about the gears being different. I asked him if they had the part - no. I asked him how much we were talking for a replacement and he said oh about $50, plus labor. With a little research on the internet I find that I can get the pair of shifters for $24.99. The PAIR. I think I'm going to buy the things and have someone install them. That makes most sense and that way I can get both done at the same time.

I didn't do any serious knitting last night. I was in the mood for instant gratification again. I was scoping out my stash and looked at the two balls of Noro Silk Garden. I decided to just make a simple ribbed scarf out of it to watch the lovely color changes. Doesn't take much to amuse me. Oooo, what color next?? It'll be perfect for "Lost" tonight.

No comments: