28 November, 2007

Countdown to Hawaii

Oh wow ... I have been SO busy! Trying to avert disasters, and tie up loose ends - and I'm not talking about knitting. Since the hotel has only dial up access, which I am not going to want to use, I am working frantically to get ahead and head off anything I might have to address while there. Just working the meeting it going to be time consuming enough. I was so hoping to have some time on the beach but it's not going to be much time. Monday night I biked home in pouring, freezing rain, arriving home soaked to the bone. It is cold here! In fact, it might even snow Saturday. So it's just going to be glorious to be in the tropics no matter what I'm doing!

I finished up the basket weave scarf and I'm working on a headband (rather than a whole hat) to go with it. I'm only about 8 rows away from finishing that. I'm going to take my socks and yarn to make a hat for my sister and some fingerless mitts for a friend's little girl. I think that should do it for knitting projects. Oh ... but maybe I'll bring that bamboo along just to futz with as well.

I got the dog washed last night and the package put together for my Secret Pal and put it in the mail this morning on the way to work. It's heavy!! What the heck did I put in there? Heavy stuff I guess.

Well, I'll send pictures from my phone when I can - at least tomorrow from the airport when I'm having my pre-boarding cocktail. I'm taking my camera too and if the wireless connection in the hotel lobby is good I can post some pics while I'm there.

Aloha!

No comments: