02 November, 2007

My AWESOME Secret Pal


I came home from a hard day yesterday to find a package on my doorstep! Look what my Secret Pal sent me!! Gorgeous pink and green yarn - the pink is Lamb's Pride and the green is Silky Wool. My super ultra favorite colors! AND some purse handles that, I don't know how she did it, but I have been seriously looking for these types of handles for AGES! Plus a cool button with an "S" in the middle and what looks like to be a vintage belt buckle. Thanks SO MUCH Secret Pal. I love *everything*!!!

And speaking of Secret Pal goodies, I have finally found a pattern that I think will work for the one of the skeins of yarn she sent me in the first package. It's called the Maple Leaves Lace Scarf and the colors would be perfect. Also, I am still fiddling with a pattern for the green skein of Lamb's Pride she sent me - a felted bag pattern. I've started it twice but need to frog and re-start one last time (I hope).

I made yet another boneheaded mistake yesterday with my socks. I was working on them while I was getting my hair done, just finishing up the final gusset decreases on the second sock. Did the very last one, dropped the needle to turn the work and ... the needle fell on the floor. In other words, I used the same needle and now have the whole sock on ONE needle!! arghghg!! I just calmly put it away and will deal with it this weekend. I worked on the Rabbit Tracks scarf last night as I was watching a little TV. I would like to measure out and pick up the stitches for the fronts of the Scoop de Jour this weekend but it is shaping up to be one heck of a busy weekend yet again. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. It's just that I would dearly love to get that cardigan finished .....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*doing my happy dance*

I'm so glad you like everything. I'm sorry it was a bit late, but better late than never! And the Maple Leaves pattern is beautiful.

Jen said...

What a nice SP package! :)

Anonymous said...

Love those colors!