09 November, 2007

FOs, WIP and other glamorous things


I am starting this post with not one but TWO FOs!! First, Mikie's socks. While the knitting and end weaving is done, I still have to put the non-skid bottoms on them, but for all intents they are categorized as FO in my book. Voila! Definitely boy colors. I'm glad I'm giving them away. By the way, it's just perspective in the photo - one is NOT larger than the other.

Okay -- so FO number 2 is the Rabbit Tracks scarf. It was a quick knit and I don't even know where it's going to end up, but one can never have too many "extra" gifts items at this time of year. I'm just putting the close up picture of it so you can see the pattern. The long view is just not that interesting.

After I got done finishing up these little beauties I didn't feel like measuring and picking up stitches for the front of the Scoop de Jour (Oh but maybe tonight?) so I started on a Lisle scarf with some glorious Laines du Nord Royal Cashmere that I got on sale at Webs (which happens to be on close out for 50% off ...... that's $9.99/85 yards). I got two pattern repeats done. It's going to block out pretty wide and I have no idea how long it's going to get with 3 balls but it might even be able to be categorized as a wrap if I block the heck out of it. We'll see.

And last but not least, on this day of many pictures, I figured I'd snap a picture of what is sitting on my dining room table. Last week it was a dozen red. This week, 2 dozen peach-y blossoms. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but whatever it is I hope I can keep it up!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Lovely FOs and very lovely flowers! You are a lucky girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Great projects! And wow- checkout those flowers! Go you!