07 November, 2007

I thought it was Thursday!

I worked SO hard yesterday - barely taking my eyes off the screen all day long. No run. Ate at my desk. Maybe because of that I skipped a day in my brain ... I don't know. All I know for sure is that I'm going to miss Noon Knitting today because I didn't bring anything to work on, thinking it was Thursday!!! Gaaaa!

I worked on Mikie's sock last night and have only a few more rows of toe decreases and then Kitchener that thing up and I'm done! I am really anxious to get that sock off the needles so I can try my two at once. I should have pictures Friday of the finished socks as well as (hopefully) a finished Rabbit Tracks scarf.

I got two skeins each of Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden yesterday in the mail from Little Knits. I think I'll use the Kureyon for another striped scarf (I wear the one I made last year all the time) and add a striped hat to go with it for a gift. I have two skeins of a brighter colorway than the one I got so it should work out nicely. As for the Silk Garden -- not sure. I have some other odds and ends of Silk Garden from that vest I made .... don't know. I seem to be in a lacy scarf mood these days. Who doesn't like to get a nice scarf for a gift? As usual I have too many ideas and too little time. I am hoping that I can get some good gift knitting done when I'm in Hawaii for that meeting. Sounds strange - knitting and Hawaii - but I'm not talking a lap full of sweater. Just some nice lacy scarf projects. Maybe with beads.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, Hawaii! Hope you actually get to go outside and enjoy being there , and not just sit in a meeting room and hop back on a plane.

Jen said...

I am jealous of your trip to Hawaii, even if it is for work! :)

And, I hate when I mix up the days. Sometimes it's good, like when you wake up on a Sat morning thinking it's Friday and then you have that moment where you are like, no, I don't have to work today, I am going back to sleep. That's good! :)