20 November, 2007

Spicy?

I love spicy food. Love it. So yesterday evening I went to the grocery store to pick a couple fire logs because it was so cold and I thought it would be nice to have a cozy fire downstairs, and while I was there I saw Spicy Tuna Rolls in the sushi case. Since I really had nothing very exciting at home for dinner I decided to treat myself to some sushi. However, these spicy tuna rolls were something special. I ate one or two and ... whooo .... my mouth was hot hot hot! I figured maybe I had put too much wasabi into the soy sauce so I diluted it and tried another piece. Ouch! H-h-hot! I had some beer but that didn't cool me off so I waited for a few minutes, got a soda, waited until the burning subsided and tried one more time. Maybe I had gotten just an extra-hot piece. I could see the red pepper flakes in the tuna but it seemed like it was more than that. Perhaps they had put hot oil in with it? I don't know but frankly, I had to give up. It was THAT hot. That's not spicy. That's freakin' spicy. Who can eat that and taste it?? Plus which -- my tummy this morning is burning. I'm off spicy sushi for a while.

Knitted on the basket weave scarf again. I can't help myself!! It's the Noro --- what color will come out next and will I like it and will it look good next to this color? It's a sickness. Tomorrow I'm bringing my socks to Noon Knitting. I've got to break the hold that scarf has on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. Noro is addictive! Bummer about the SPICY tuna. That sounds so good to me right now. Just normal spiciness, though, not freakin' spicy! ;)

Jen said...

I have never knit with Noro, but I think I would like to try it soon. It seems like it is totally addicting.

Happy Thanksgiving!