21 November, 2007

It's still got the hold on me

Okay ... another evening spent with the Kureyon. It's just so purty ... all those colors.

I need to have a knitting friend close by to strong arm me into sewing up projects or something. Don't you think that Isabella would enjoy a trip to Hawaii? Hmmm? All I need to do is sew her up!! Well yeah and knit a bit of trim, but I could do it in a weekend day. You know, I think I have rationalized away sewing it up in mattress stitch. Size 3 needles ... no way! So I give myself permission to just whip stitch that baby together! I want to be able to take that with me. Oh if I could only just put the scarf down .....

It is clear and very chilly here in Seattle. The grass was all frosty this morning and people were scraping off their windshields. I even had my glove liners in my biking gloves this morning and my hands were numb by the time I got to work. C-c-c-cold! The bridge was frosty and scary but the puddles weren't frozen so it must have been just above freezing. A little out of the ordinary for us. But I heard that the sunshine is supposed to stay for the weekend, which would be lovely. I could get some yard work done as well as knitting.

I got a little tiny heart tug this morning on my way in .... usually I go to Paris for Thanksgiving and I am missing my friends a lot. This is one of my favorite weeks to be in Paris. In the neighborhood I used to live, the Marais, the Christmas decorations are put up the last weekend of November and it's one of my super favorite things in the whole world, watching them go up. Okay well Thanksgiving is early this year so if I was there I would be missing that anyway. I won't be going in January this year either. Ah well .... life goes on.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all [yes, a day early I know]. I am cooking this year but only for 8. It'll be a piece of cake. The hard part is going to be cooking in a "strange" kitchen. I am cooking at my boyfriend's house. (Well ... it's been 3 months now so I guess I can say it without jinxing the whole thing. No, really. Considering my outrageous and ridiculous dry spell and the considerable bad luck I had been having. After 3 months this one seems to be sticking.) It'll be a traditional feast. I never get tired of turkey dinner. Mmmmmmmmm! Plus he's got a high def plasma screen TV in the kitchen so I can watch the football while I'm cooking. Oh baby does it get much better than that? Oh yeah, just add champagne - a nice little bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte already chilling in the fridge just waiting for the cook. I'll just have a little easy knitting sitting around - perhaps the socks. I can smell the turkey already!

No comments: