26 November, 2007

Secret Pal Revealed!!


Saturday I got my final Secret Pal package from Sara at Handy-Crafts. She has the most adorable baby! I don't know how she found the time to be such a super spoiler as well!!! She sent me some absolutely gorgeous Mango Moon yard, also some bamboo which I have been dying to try out, a cute little book and some note cards as well as a very handy tote bag. Thanks SO MUCH!!! I love everything! I can't wait to try out that bamboo too ... but it's going to have to wait until a few more holiday gifties are finished up. Although .... gosh it would be a perfect yarn to take to Hawaii ... hmmmm ... can't hurt to have it with me at least, eh?

Thanksgiving was great! And I had a nice long rest. The dinner came off without a hitch. Tink was perfectly mellow and a good dog. I ate soooo much ... I couldn't move after dinner. We sat and watched not one but two movies. I felt like a beached whale. Good though -- it was good!!

Despite my best intentions I did not get out into the yard. I did get some good knitting work done. Recognize this? Yup ... Isabella. I got one of the side seams sewn up. Holy cow ... what a HUGE hassle this is!! I know I sound a little whiny here but jee-eepers! Why oh why didn't I think about sewing this up before I got knitting on it. It's ridiculous! It would be SO easy to do this in the round. Why would anyone choose to have this much fiddly finishing work to do? Maybe I can get another side sewn up tonight. I hope so. It would be perfect for Hawaii but I'm not taking it along if it's not finished. Now that would be silly.

I did get that basket weave scarf finished and started a matching head band yesterday while watching the Seahawks beat the Rams. Yay!! Good game.

I also was going to get my last secret pal box sent off but again - ran out of time. I've got all the goodies so it's just a matter of putting them in the box and sending it off. Must do it by Wednesday.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a good SP gift!!! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!