03 December, 2007

Lots of pictures

It's raining. Hard. Today we have a half day and I was planning on snorkeling but it's pouring rain! The forecast is calling for showers all day and the wind is not blowing so these clouds may just sit here for a while. This is supposed to be the dry side of the island!! Here's a picture of the pond I'm sitting next to. This was taken about an hour ago. It's raining even harder now. And a picture from my balcony looking out to the sea. Oh well. What can you do? At least I brought three projects to work on. I've got WIP pictures of all three. I should be able to get some work done on them this afternoon, if this keeps up.

First the socks. Two at once. Once on the airplane and again yesterday evening I knit the two together and had to tink back a couple rows to get the lines untangled!! I thought I was being careful but ....not careful enough! This is where they are now. I have finished up the leg and next I'll be doing the heel flaps. I did try two at once before and when it came time to pick up the gusset stitches it just didn't work and I had to rip them back and start over, one at a time. Last socks I did I got ahead of myself and tried to pick up the gusset stitches before I had turned the heel. Thinking back, that MAY have been the problem that first time. I was so anxious to actually get the gusset stitches picked up, I remember. It's all speculation at this point, of course but ... could have been the problem.

Okay, next on the WIP list is the Sunflower Tam. I'm getting pretty close to switching to DPNs. I'm using Cascade 220 for this project. The color is just what I wanted. This is the second one of these I've made. I love the Right and Left Turn stitch. It's from the same book as the Ogee Tunic which his languishing in its basket.

And finally I'm making a pair of mitts for a friend's little girl. I found this beautiful mohair blend. It's too gaudy for a whole sweater but perfect for a pair of mitts and she'll love them. I am using Artful Yarns Heavenly.

Okay that's all for now. Fingers crossed for some sun!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

The knitting is looking good! The weather is looking not so good. Hope you get some sun soon! :)