06 December, 2007

Uh huh .... that didn't last long

Sure, I said it was sunny Tuesday. And I went upstairs, put on my bathing suit and laid out by the pool. But the clouds came up and suddenly it wasn't nice any more. We have been having weather - serious weather. Tuesday night was the banquet and it was held outside but under cover, so it wasn't too bad. But oh yesterday we had a real true tropic storm. Thunder and lightening and high wind. It was freaked out. Obviously after I had one little walk in the morning it was in for the rest of the day and evening. The TV went out. Lots of people were hunkered down in the lobby. The main bar was closed because it sits right on the ocean so they set up a bar further in and that's where it was happening last night. I came down to order some dinner and ended up sitting and chatting (and drinking) until my meal was cold. But it was fun.

I did get some good knitting done yesterday. I got the heels turned and the gussets picked up for both of the socks. No problems. Now it's just finish up the heel decreases and knit the foot. Must say I'm very proud of myself for pulling that off.

I took the bus into town and even though the weather was nasty I just kept on, got a bit wet, but ended up doing almost all of my Christmas shopping. I'm happy about that. And now I think I'll get cleaned up. John and Judy are taking me for dinner and then to the airport. I think I'm going to be quite happy to be home, even though it's cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you. I can't believe you're there during this storm! :( Hope you've been able to enjoy Hawaii, despite the crappy weather!