01 April, 2009

No jokes

April Fool's day is odd. Some people get WAY into the joke thing and others get angry when they're fooled. Last year I, coincidentally, emailed an old friend to tell her of my upcoming nuptials and she thought I was kidding! That was embarrassing. Here's a link to my favorite crank call ever - and that's my joke. http://www.wimp.com/prankcalls/

I had a pretty darned decent run yesterday, considering how long I'd been off. I really had to talk myself into it though, because I was tired and the weather wasn't so nice. By the time I got out there it was partially sunny and at least not raining. Hopefully I can do better tomorrow - not that I didn't do my whole 30 minutes, but I was slow.

The winter weather is back with us today and luckily I drove in. I wasn't planning on it but I must have turned the alarm off so I was a little late getting up, and then I realized I had so many errands to do after work that if I biked back and forth and then went to run errands I wouldn't be home until 7. So that's how I rationalized it and I'm glad I did because it's freakin' freezing out there and raining. UGLY

Today is knitting at noon and I wore my new skirt - although I dithered around in front of the mirror (again!) trying on different tops, I ended up wearing it with a white blouse, just like the photo from the magazine. It's perfect.

And since I'm on a yarn diet for the time being, I went through my stash last night and gathered stuff together to sell. I can buy more yarn, but only with proceeds from selling stash. I came up with lots of bits and bobs and some big globs as well. Decided that I wouldn't ever finish up the Cable Cascade pullover, so that's like 12 or 13 balls of Seta Lana. I also went through some old bins from when I first started knitting and didn't know much about yarn. I found some mystery yarn - I remember buying it but I've no idea what it is. Also I found a bunch of recycled cashmere in a gorgeous butter yellow that I had forgotten I had. I am keeping that and maybe I'll UN-wind it and straighten it and wind it back up and make a nice wrap or something. There's plenty there, I think. Well I got it all laid out on the spare bed, the stash, and now the hard part -- photographing it and putting it up for sale. Maybe tonight ... oh no, it's LOST tonight. Maybe tomorrow but more likely Friday.

No comments: