04 October, 2016

Rethinking the gym day routine

My current routine needs some adjustment.  As it is now, on gym days Tink gets a very basic walk in the morning before I put her in the car and take her to wait for me when I work out.  I do my 45 minutes on the treadmill, do a little stretching or some machines, then I head to the showers.  The problem, in a nutshell, is that I need more cool down time.  Even though I take at least 15 minutes to stretch and cool down it is not nearly enough.  Even a cool rinse in the shower and blowing cool air from the hair dryer on my head does not do the trick.  Basically I cannot get my hair dry!  I finally gave up yesterday and just put it in a pony tail and headed out.  I had to pick up a few things at the grocery store and I needed to get a harness for Tink since she's got this mysterious sore on her neck.  Then it was a little after noon, I was h-angry and still we hadn't done the park.  When we got there Tink was not interested in a walk.  SO frustrating.  I have been trying to be efficient but I think I've got to forget getting dressed at the gym.  For Wednesday I'm going to just give her the normal business walk, head to the gym and do my thing and then come back home to get cleaned up.  If I get organized I can do all my running around on non-gym days.  But I know I'll probably have to make extra trips in the car.  But I have to be able to get my hair dry so that's that.

Today we're going to have the vet look at Tink's neck.  She has always worn a collar so I can't imagine it is entirely the fault of a collar that caused the sore on her neck.  We'll soon find out.

Rain has moved in.  Autumn is here.  It's not cold yet though  so that is good.

No comments: