03 October, 2016

Monday Monday .... not so bad anymore

It's amazing how things change when you don't have to steel yourself to get back to the office on Monday.  It's just a quiet day after the weekend.  And today it's a cloudy and chilly quiet day.  I will be able to go to the gym.  I finally wore a full shoe yesterday and while my toe did hurt a bit, it wasn't debilitating and I will be able to run.

Tink got groomed this weekend and she looks like herself again.  I had noticed a patch of raw skin on her neck and now that she's groomed it is very obvious and we're going to have to go to the vet about it.  I don't know if it is some irritation from her collar and she's aggravated or what, but it's almost two inches long and more than half an inch across.  Not good.  I'm going to buy her a harness to use instead of her collar for the time being until we can figure out what's up with it.

Football weekend started early with a Husky game on Friday evening.  They played Stanford and absolutely crushed them.  They have moved up in the polls to 5!  That is really something. The Seahawks also did well on Sunday and beat the Jets in New York.  I like it when both of the team win.  It would be better still if my fantasy match up had gone well, but even though I have two more scores tonight I have no chance of winning this week.  Again.

The Seahawks socks on size 8 needs are moving right along.  I've already turned the heel, picked up the gusset stitches and now I'm on the foot.  I could finish tonight, or get pretty close.  And then what?  I think I should start thinking about making another blanket after the first got ruined.  And maybe this time I'll just a washable yarn in case the house cleaner tosses it in the washer again.

No comments: