15 February, 2006

Big Blue Sweater

I am very pleased with this raglan sweater. I did lots of work on it in Europe, finished the waist ribbing Monday and am almost done with the cuff on the left sleeve. I didn't do any work on it last night. It wasn't until almost 8 o'clock that my mouth was back to normal. My dentist gave me an extra shot near the end of the two hours I was in the chair because the feeling was coming back and that kept me numb until 8! I didn't feel like knitting or doing much of anything. I HATE being numb. Anyway, I will finish up that cuff tonight and get started on the other sleeve. They go quickly. I'm going to be laid up for a few days so I will most surely be able to finish this by the end of the weekend. Then what? I am going to make a little flower skirt and top for my friend's little girl. I am expecting some great handpainted thick and thin yarn that I am thinking of using for a cardigan with mohair detail. I will modify a pattern from the same Vogue magazine that I used for that disastrous peplum sweater. And I have that lovely pink yarn from Nonnahs that I am using for a lace leaf scarf. Plenty to keep me busy for a few days on my back, I'd say.

I seem to have brought the cold weather back with me from Europe. Oh, and I got a terrible cold, from being on the plane all those hours I would imagine. Not fun. Monday night we had thunder and lightening and a hale storm with HUGE hale stones. Tuesday morning there was some snow but it was gone by mid-morning. Today it is freezing or below, but very clear, which is what it was like the first week of my vacation. I hear it's supposed to cloud up tonight so we may have more snow on the way. Just one more reason to stay inside and keep warm with a nice sweater on your lap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and drink plenty of fluids. It's miserable to be sick anytime of the year, but when it's during a particularly cold spell it's so depressing!

SP