13 February, 2006

Monday morning post vacation bluuuuues


Well, it's not so bad really. I came back to a clean office. I had forgotten that I had asked to have my floors cleaned while I was gone, so that was a nice surprise. And there aren't a bazillion things on my desk, so that's nice as well.

Oddly, my last post from Paris didn't make it so this is the picture I sent. It was a sunny and almost warm day there Thursday. My goal that day was to find the perfect pair of shoes. Everything is on sale so I didn't have trouble finding the pair, but finding my size ... that was another problem. I wear 37 in French sizes and it happens to be the most popular size so a couple good ones got away. Still I managed to get a lovely pair of black suede pumps and a cute pair of low heeled green ones. So I was satisfied.

My trip back was not too bad, considering. I packed the sweater I was working on in my backpack, intending to knit on the plane, but once I got seated I realized that it was just too cramped a space for that sweater. Doing it in the round at that stage I was working on the waste ribbing and it's just too much bulk. So I read and watched movies and tried to nap. Thank goodness the jet lag coming back is not so bad as going.

I got the ribbing done on that sweater yesterday and now I'm working on the sleeve ribbing. Then one more sleeve and the collar and I'm done. I am VERY satisfied with this project. It's just lovely, letting the beautiful yarn really show itself off. I'll take pictures tomorrow. Right now I've got to do some work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!

Your secret pal...

Anonymous said...

It's me again. There is a package on its way to you!

Your secret pal...

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day!

Your SP