25 February, 2006

I just don't know what to do with the sleeves


Here's my sweater so far. I might do another inch on the bottom before I do the finish -- maybe a ribbing, maybe not. And I realize yes, that it's a bit deep, neckline-wise. I will be putting trim around it so it'll bring it up to something a little less bare. But right now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the sleeves. I know what I want - a "normal" sleeve in that it would taper slightly and then flare out at the wrist. I have purchased tops with sleeves like that but never made one. My Knitware software doesn't have a flared sleeve pattern. The bell sleeve I think would be too big. I guess I'll look through my patterns and see if I can figure out how to do it. I know what I want - it's the sleeve from the Stitch 'n Bitch --"to dye for". Oooo! I just looked at it and actually it's the same gauge I'm working at. Great. Sorted. I can just copy that sleeve.

It's still cold and there are little patches of snow on the ground. But the birdsong is different. I hear more birds in the morning. And I noticed lots of crocuses bloming while Tink and I were on our walk. So, despite the cold Spring is just aorund the corner!!

1 comment:

SylvChezPlum said...

Hey, nice neckline..You should leave it like that, I'm sure you'd have a lot of success !!! ;-)