31 August, 2006

Retail therapy, my darlings

Ah yes -- that quick little feel good shot. Sale yarn. I just bought 10 skeins of Noro Kureyon at Webs on closeout. $5.70 a skein. Mmmmmmm! That should be enough for a nice simple raglan crew neck to show off the beautiful colors. Doesn't cure anything but it's a nice little balm, right?

All of my four projects are nearing completion at around the same time. My cardigan is still awaiting the final seaming. I haven't done any more than that one sleeve. It was such a bitch because you are mattress stitching bound off to edge. It's so difficult, but it looks nice. After that it'll be smooth sailing. So instead of doing that last night, since I was medicating myself, I worked on the shrug for my friend K. I am about 20 rows from completion. Seaming that it easy work. My socks just need to be bound off but I don't bind off until I have the time to cast on for another pair, which I will do this weekend. And last, the Green Gable. That has the most to do but I need to try it on before I can go any further because I want to make sure it's long enough. So. I am going to have plenty of time this weekend to work since Mr. G. is going and/or gone. My goal is to get all of those four projects finished. Frog the X-back tank because I am not going to finish it, might as well make the yarn available. Then cast on for another pair of sox, and swatch and maybe even start my Ogee Tunic. I want to also buy the yarn for the Rock Star Cardigan but maybe I will wait a few weeks until I'm finished with the front of the Ogee Tunic. Once I get done with the trim on the back piece it's just going to be acres of boring StSt so might as well have a brain teaser to work on as well.

Tonight is the final preseason Seahawks game. The weather is nice here. I hope they win.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

This will be a great knitting weekend. I hope you are able to tell us of all of your FO's comes Tuesday.

Enjoy the weather.