31 October, 2006

It's just painful!

The wind chill! It shouldn't be this cold this early, I tell ya! Glove liners notwithstanding, my little fingers were numb again and my face ... ouch. It looks like it's going to warm up later this week and start raining. Rain = warm. I shall endeavor not to complain about the rain.

I'm now on a mission to finish up my Noro Raglan. I'm almost done with the second sleeve decreases and then it's the cable ribbed cuffs and then the only thing left to do will be to pick up stitches around the neckline and decided if I want to do a cable rib or just k2 p2. I made a rather large, square neckline so I've got plenty of leeway to do any number of things. However, if I were to do anything trickier than a simple K2 P2 rib, that would involve decreasing..... actually, as I type this I realize that I'll have the raglan increases there and visible so I could just start decreasing at those points and it'd be easy. In fact, with all of the yarn I have left I could actually do the cabled rib and make it a funnel neck or turtle neck. Could be pretty. Nice thing about picking up stitches, if it's ugly or not working you can just rip it out and RE-pick up the stitches. It's not like when you have to rip back to live stitches which = scary in my book.

I also want to make a big drive to finish up the second Koigu Crusoe sock so I can have a new pair of socks to work on when I go to Paris and Amsterdam. I have decided that I need some kind of project (duh) to take with me but I am determined to pack SO LIGHT this trip since I'll be traveling a bit and I hate hate HATE to have to lug a suitcase when it's so heavy. People move quickly on those trains and in the train stations and there are also plenty of stairs. If the suitcase is too heavy it's a drag getting it up and down the stairs. Last January when I was in Paris and traveled to Luxembourg I had that damned back pack with the Big Blue Sweater I was making, PLUS a heavy suitcase, PLUS another bag just for shoes. Not this time, my friends. Two pairs of jeans, four sweaters and that's it. I did leave a bag in Paris because I bought a larger one to take home, so I have that smaller bag waiting for me that I can fill up with ... oh, wine and yarn come to mind ... and I'll be able to check that on the way home. Socks are of course the perfect thing to carry on a trip. I'll have two long-ish train rides - to and from Amsterdam. One I'll have company but the other, not. I don't want to take an almost completed pair. So that's the long way of saying that after the Noro Raglan I'm going to make a push to finish that sock!

No comments: