05 May, 2008

Big weekend - Bigger bike ride

This weekend was the big move. I have decided to move to S's house while my house is finished getting ready to go on the market and while it's on the market because it's just too difficult to live in a house that has to stay picture perfect. Unfortunately work's been rather busy so I had someone come help with the packing on Friday while I worked. Right after work I had to quick jump in the shower and then head out to Snohomish to hear my friend Michael McGarrah. He was playing a show in a lovely, small venue. It was good to get out and it ended early so we got a good night's sleep and hit the ground running the next day. Unfortunately, this being Seattle and all, it was raining. Sometimes hard. I had a crew of 3 to load up the truck and the van - the big truck full of my things that go into storage until we find our house and the van full of stuff that I need while living at S's house. Oh what a long day. And again on Sunday, but at least it was beautiful and sunny.

So I'm kind of settled in. Tink loves it out there - big yard to run around in and new smells. I took a recently vacated bedroom in his house and turned it into a closet. And now I know - he always said that his daughter had too many clothes. No no, not the case at all. She had a very small closet. Very small. I have put my stash up on a shelf and brought in a couple more for clothes, and an extra rack. Shoes are all over the room - not strewn but on racks. It's a big walk in closet.

I rode my bike in to work. It took me 1 hour and 16 minutes to go 14.5 miles. Although the ride was all on the Burke Gilman trail, which is supposedly flat, there are some areas with elevation. It's going to be nicer riding home because I was going uphill a lot of the way here. I also think I'll be able to get my time down significantly since I couldn't quite find the trail when I set out this morning.

As you may imagine, not too much time for knitting this weekend. I found an hour last night and it was lovely. Doing nothing but knitting and relaxing knowing that most things were put away.

No comments: