08 May, 2008

It got a little easier!

Yeah! Going home last night was a bit easier. I still had juice left when I got to the end of the trail to start biking up the hill. Unfortunately some ass pulled in front of me as I was toiling away up the hill causing me to stop and it's nearly impossible to start back up from a standstill when you're on a hill. So I walked the rest of the way home. But yay for me! I was not nearly as knocked out as I was on Monday. Hopefully tomorrow I can work my way further up the hill back to home. I also had changed into my biking shorts which made the ride a bit more comfortable and I've been doing a little research to add further comfort to the ride. The other thing I learned is that I need to be bringing a total and complete from the skin up change of clothing. I had done that on Monday but didn't realize how crucial it was until yesterday when I had to walk around all day with a damp bra. NOT nice at all.

Got an hour's worth of knitting on my Shibu Shrug at lunchtime yesterday and another hour or so last night. I am doing the sleeves at this time and it's just stockinette which goes slowly. Once I get the sleeves done and start working on the body of it I believe it'll go faster and then when I start doing the front part in the round, it'll be super fast! I found the pattern on Ravelry. It's called #03 Perky Little Apple Green Shrug. The designer won the fastest crochet contest. This bit of information I found out while reading her stuff on Ravelry. How odd is it, since that particular green is about one of my favorite colors, that I am NOT doing this in green but rather lavender. It's going to be beautiful in this yarn.

Today is the start of the Mother's Day Sale at Weaving Works, my LYS. One of my friends from work and I are going to go up at lunchtime. I got some good stuff from there last year. In fact, the yarn I used to make the T-twist was from that sale. There is a sweater pattern I found (where else? On Ravelry, of course) and I think it would work well in Rowan Calmer so I'm going to keep my eye out for that and also I'm going to purchase a copy of Fifi because I have the Calmer for that project and would have cast on last week had I had the pattern (which I am SURE I purchased but I cannot find it).

No comments: