13 May, 2008

The commute

Today I drove my car in to work. I actually feel like I could have biked in even though I did it yesterday. However, I have errands to run and my back/hip thing was bothering me a bit yesterday. Better not to over do it. Anyway, here's the deal. It took me 45 minutes to drive in and another 10 to park and walk to my office from the garage. That is only 20 minutes less than my time to commute by bicycle. Granted this is only the second time I've taken this particular freeway route from S's house and the traffic did seems a bit worse today than last week when I drove so maybe there was a traffic hassle I just didn't see. But jeepers! That is NOT much of a time savings. Plus which being in a car in traffic on the freeway in the morning puts me in a very very bad mood. And don't even start with taking the bus. That would take me at least as long as riding my bike because of having to walk to the bus stop, etc. I think I hate taking the bus more than driving. So yeah - that's the kind of mood I'm in this morning. Not a good one. Plus which it's cloudy and starting to rain. The good news is that it's supposed to be in the 80s by the end of the week. Perfect timing for getting my house on the market.

I still haven't gotten around to taking pictures of the Shibu Shrug. I only have a few more rows to go on the sleeves and I will be casting on the back and joining the pieces, then doing raglan decreases. I didn't have a whole lot of time to knit last night so my hand and shoulder didn't get tired. Maybe I can get another couple of hours in tonight - depends. I am so busy sometimes that it feels like my lists have lists. I don't feel like I'm handling this stress well at all - and that's with all the exercise and knitting! I would be a basket case if I didn't have those stress outlets. Either that or drunk all the time.

I have been thinking of what to take for a knitting project for Hawaii. Socks. I haven't knit anything for S, so I'll get some nice cotton sock yarn and there's my Hawaii project. Easy, portable, useful. I might bring my hibernating Liesel along, just in case I feel like lace.

No comments: