07 May, 2008

Clearly the Burke Gilman trail is NOT flat

People always say it's flat, but that's a relative term. An old railroad grade, the Burke Gilman trail has long long loooong gradual climbs. I believe that they are no more than a 5% grade but oh baby, when you're tired and/or hungry .. whew. I was both this morning plus it was bad weather and a bit windy. I only added 30 seconds to my time from Monday. I was hoping to be faster. It'll come. Even though the weather was not as good it was still beautiful when I started out - right by a river and the first thing I saw was a rabbit, then a rooster (!) and then a bunch of ducks. Pretty cool.

Last night we saw "Corteo" .. that's the name of the Cirque du Soleil show. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately we were in the very first row and so sometimes we couldn't see the big picture. We did have a very good view of the rigging which is just incredible.

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from Little Knits. I had ordered some more of their Ella Rae Shibu and they called to tell me that they were shorted on their order and didn't have the full bag of moss green I had ordered. Dang! I took a bag of a color called Straw. Yellow is supposedly the "it" color this spring.

Today is my knitting at noon day. Sweeeeet!

No comments: