09 May, 2008

A very productive lunch outing

Yesterday I went to the Mother's Day sale at lunchtime with another knitterly friend. She is fairly new to this and has no real stash. I feel duty bound to remedy that situation. Plus which we all need an enabler when we go to a yarn sale. Luckily there wasn't much there that caught my eye except a couple bins of Colinette yarn. It is so bloody expensive that I have never purchased any, only drooled over it. A $50 scarf? No thanks. There was some wool in beautiful colors but chunky and I have enough chunky yarn. I am getting away from those big chunky knits plus it's spring and I wouldn't even want to touch it until autumn. The other was Enigma, a thick and thin ribbon yarn in some gorgeous colors - like a Monet painting. And it was half price. Half. So I bought all six skeins which is plenty to make a top and have some left over. It reminded me of the Waterlily top from IK Spring 2006. That was made with Colinette yarn but Giotto, not Enigma. I think it'll work out just fine. The Enigma colorway I have is more green and purple. It will suit me.

I am feeling pretty darned good this morning. It's lovely outside - blue sky although a bit chilly. I am getting the long ride to be more comfortable. I did some research on the Internet and found a couple ways to ease my discomfort and it worked like a charm! I cut over 3 minutes off my time coming in. I also ate 100 calories of carbs about 1/2 hour before I hit the road and that helped too. Maybe next week I can do it every day. We'll see.

I worked a bit on the interminable stockinette sleeves. I have about 40 more rows to go before I hook them together with some cast on stitches for the body. It's good TV knitting. I was too tired to stay up and watch Lost last night so I have it recorded and that's on for tonight.

Two more weeks to Maui!!!!

No comments: