19 May, 2008

We got some heat!

I mean ..... it was H-O-T this weekend! There were triple digits recorded at the coast and records being broken all over the place. And here's the deal -- since we're going to Hawaii (Saturday!!!) I made an appointment for a waxing this coming Thursday. You all know what that means. One's regular grooming schedule stops so that you can get a nice smooooooth and long lasting result. So I didn't want to wear shorts or a dress because I didn't want my hairy ol' legs showing! I know I have a pair of light weight pants around somewhere but since I've moved and my clothes are willy nilly between S's room and my "dressing room" I hadn't a clue where they were. So I suffered in jeans. Friday evening wasn't so bad because S was doing a show and the concert venue was air conditioned so I was comfortable. Even though I had to drive an hour each way ..... in traffic. Gah ... I hate hate hate to drive!!!

On Saturday S went off to set up a gala at noon and I took off to shop for some shorts for the trip. Did a good shop - got my shorts and a few tops and was looking forward to coming home and knitting on my Shibu Shrug in the cool basement until it was time to take Tink to visit a kennel where I am going to board her while we're gone. (I say kennel but it's practically a doggie resort!) I don't like to have the air conditioner blasting all the time in the car but I was keeping cool, alternating the air conditioner and the fan and I was just about finished with all my running around when the phone rang. S needed a wireless mic. Oh well - so off I went. And since I had a 3:30 appointment at the kennel I took Tink with me because this particular venue was all the way in Magnolia. Magnolia is one of those places in Seattle that just isn't convenient to get to from anywhere! And especially not Bothell. I ended up taking surface streets which was the most direct route but it took me the better part of an hour. And I was getting very hot and sticky and cranky. It was well over 90 and the sun was blazing.

After I dropped off the microphones I typed the address of the kennel into my iPhone map thing to get directions. Long story short it sent me way the hell out of my way. Most likely I put in the wrong address. I didn't get to them until about an hour after my appointment. When I got home finally it was just about 5. I sat myself down and didn't MOVE for the rest of the evening except to knit and heat up some food.

Yesterday was much better. The temperature was in the 70s and comfortable. I got all of the knitting done on the body of the shrug and this afternoon at lunchtime I'm going to pick up the stitches for the knitting in the round part, finally. A nice large lacy band all around the body. The pattern says to do the sleeve bottoms first but since I'm not 100% sure I have enough yarn I want to make sure the body is big enough and then I can do as much or as little as I want on the sleeves. They're already pretty long. I have got to find my camera to take some pictures of this. It is really really pretty.

I ordered some sock yarn from Little Knits last week. I hope it gets here by Wednesday so I can get those cast on and ready to take on the plane. Oh, they also had some gorgeous moss green Rowan Kid Classic that I want to use to make the Rock Star Cardigan. I've only had that pattern for 2 plus years now .....

No comments: