12 May, 2008

ouch ouch ouch

My ride this morning was a bit painful. I wish I had thought to bring a stash of naproxen to work. I'll have to make a point of it. Because there is so much riding done at an incline I've aggravated the lower right of my back and it radiates down to the top of my hip. Not comfortable. I'm going to run over to the main office here in a minute and see if they have any stashed away in the medicine cabinet. If not I guess I'll make do with any kind of anti-inflammatory. It's not so bad that I can't ride but right now it just hurts. It added a couple minutes onto my time this morning. That's rather disappointing. But going home on Friday was better. I got all the way up to Main Street from the trail. Of course my goal is to bike all the way up to the house and that is a lofty goal in more than one way.

Speaking of lofty goals - getting those darned sleeves knitted! I need 14.5 inches. I'm two increases away from total stitch count and about 2 or 2 1/2 inches away from 14.5. I got a good bit of knitting done this weekend but stockinette can be a long, slow haul. In this case the fabric that is coming off my needles is so beautiful that I don't mind. I should take some pictures, yeah?

It was a very very busy weekend. Saturday I left the house at 9 in the morning and didn't get back until 4:30. One errand after another. I got Tink dropped off at the groomers at 9:30 and she had almost as long a day as I did. She was the very last doggie there. She looks beautiful though. I dropped by my house, which is looking just awesome and is nearly ready. I did some shopping - no okay, lots of shopping but didn't buy much but a couple pairs of jeans. I wanted some shorter ones for Hawaii. Something that I could wear my flat flip-flops with in the evening and/or any time I felt like wearing long pants. But Saturday night - that was when I got the majority of the knitting done. I knit until my hand and arm started hurting. That is also the other thing about stockinette - all the purling makes my left hand and shoulder ache.

Sunday was a first for me - I got a bouquet of Mother's Day flowers! Imagine my surprise. S's daughter met up with us for lunch and gave me flowers. Dang! I wanted to be a wicked step mother. I'm going to have to work harder on that one, I guess.

No comments: