16 December, 2009

I am beyond tired

Exhausted. Worn out. Knackered. All those things. I don't know how long the radio was playing this morning before I woke up enough to hit the snooze button and I kept on hitting it until Mr. M's alarm went off at 7 am!! I won't be able to relax until I get through the security line at the airport on Friday and sit down for my pre-flight cocktail.

I stopped on my way home last night and got some ribbon and paper and boxes and started wrapping gifts when I got home. I wanted to make sure I had a good start on it before I leave or I'll never be able to finish up before Christmas. And while I cooked dinner I also got a start on the dish I need to make for our department party tonight. And then after dinner I worked on the latest hat, this one with a deep reversible cable brim. I am about 15 rows in, but realized last night that something had gone terribly wrong. I either added some stitches or lost some .... whatever I did the cables aren't matching up so I'm going to have to rip it all out and start over! I can do it at noon knitting today. If I can stay awake.

Have I mentioned how excited I am about going to visit my sister? Her boyfriend came home with tons of wine yesterday, because I'm visiting. Kelli was counting -- 14 bottles of champagne in the rack and one in the fridge. She told me not to bring any champagne. I had gotten six bottles of Nicolas Feuillate and was going to bring one down but I guess I'll just save it.

No comments: