09 December, 2009

Woooohooo!

Looks like I get a reprieve! The son isn't going to be arriving until the 18th - when I will be on a plane or even actually touched down in sunny California. Great! He and his dad can have a nice piggy weekend and they'll have Monday and Tuesday to make sure the house is picked up before I get home Tuesday night. Ahhhhhhh .....

Christmas knitting is getting a little frantic. I have to finish the cashmere cowl -- I finished one ball of yarn and have brought it to noon knitting so I can get some opinions on how big it should be. My nephew wants me to knit a scarf and hat for Sophia, and I've got one more tassel hat to do for the little girls. I'm going to use the left overs from Kelli's coat to make Sophie's hat and scarf because it's chunky yarn and it'll go quickly. Plus I can try out the reversible cable technique I read about. I have tons of bits and bobs to make a stripey tassel hat, which should be nice. I am coming to regret the crochet striped scarf I made. It's just too stiff. I should have used a larger hook. I am going to wash and block it and hope it softens up. If not it'll go to a man.

Cold again this morning. I drove in and saw on the sign at University Village that it was 15 degrees. Thank goodness it's dry. Oh but SO dry. It just sucks the moisture out of my skin by the end of the day. And when I run- even worse. Today is a run day. I am looking forward to it. It's nice and sunny even though it's cold.

No comments: