08 December, 2009

Talking about jumping into winter

And it's not even officially winter yet!! Another very VERY cold morning. The temperature at my house read 19 degrees this morning so no riding for me. It is forecast to warm up by Friday. Until then I am riding the bus or driving. Today was another bus day since I have no errands to run and I ran yesterday. Yes! I ran! It wasn't very fast or far, but 30 minutes solid. I bundled up and while I did cough a little bit yesterday evening, I feel just fine today so I must be cured. Hoorah!!

I found out Mr. M's son is having his last final Thursday and will descent upon us Friday for yet another 3 weeks. Heaven help me. I pulled out a sweater from the closet in the guest bedroom this morning and found an empty, molding juice bottle on top of my sweaters. Oh ... yes, there is a waste basket in the room. No, this isn't an adolescent I'm talking about but a man about to turn 24 years old this week. I guess I'm going to have to bring out the house rules again and go over them AGAIN when he gets here.

I don't mean to sound like the quintessential evil step-mother but really I have ZERO privacy. Yes, this is a big house, and yes he has his own bathroom. But the guest bedroom is directly across the hall from the master suite and I have to make sure I'm dressed whenever I walk between my dressing room and the master, when I am used to just walking around in whatever stage of undressing I am in. And I like my quiet. And I like to know when I put something down it's going to be there and not ... oh, I don't know ... under the bed in the guest room. Oh well ..... what can I do?

I started a cowl for my sister last night out of the same cashmere I used for her mitts. It is going to be nice. She's in NYC for a couple days. I'll bet she could use it now.

No comments: