28 December, 2009

Staycation Day 1

Ah ... I can see that I still need to work on blogging with my iPhone. The picture of my airport cocktail did not come through. I guess I need to send it with messaging rather than email if I want a picture attached.

ANYway ....my sister and I had a wonderful wonderful time together. Time goes too quickly when we're together yapping and shopping and visiting with the boys. Her boyfriend is building a new back lot for Disney and we got to go to the office and see the plans and models. Very cool. But before we knew it Tuesday evening rolled around and we headed for the airport. It had been blowing quite a bit all day but I checked and the flight was listed as on time, so away we went. She got me to the airport in plenty of time, which was good since they were asking for volunteers to take a later flights. Come to find out that later meant the 26th because there were no seats available until then in any airport around the LA area. This was Tuesday night the 22nd, and I was sitting in the airport bar when I got a text from Alaska Airlines saying the plane was delayed until 7:45, having been originally scheduled to go out at 6:50pm. Well to make a very long story a bit shorter, our plane from Seattle couldn't land in Burbank and so it went to LAX and rather than strand us all there we were put on various shuttles and busses and shipped to LAX where a plane was waiting for us. I got home around 12:30 am. Ghastly.

I had been feverishly knitting while with Kelli and got most everything done. Wednesday and Thursday were spent wrapping. We had a family party on Christmas Eve and another party with friends so it was very festive. Thankfully our Christmas dinner was not scheduled until later so I got a somewhat less than hectic Christmas day. Santa was good to me - brought me a new Wii game, the Wii Sports Resort. It is SO much fun. My right arm is sore from playing it. I particularly like the sword games.

The weather has been mild and sunny and so yesterday I got out into the garden and raked up the last of the leaves and I'm glad I did because it is supposed to be raining later this week. I need to get my picture taken for my passport application. I had to do an entire new one for this name change since it had been more than a year. Perhaps tomorrow I'll go out and get a decent picture taken. The last one was hideous!

Also I have just a few more inches to go on Sophia's scarf (not finished for Christmas although the hat was) and then I am going to knit for myself exclusively for a while. I can maybe even put in time on the Frost Flower stole!

And now to browse the yarn sales on line. yeah ....

No comments: