13 November, 2009

Here's a new one

First of all, thank you SO much for the support Mr. ....ish. Very generous of you.

Today is the first really miserable ride of the year. It was blowing and raining and cold for the entire ride. I got to work soaked to the bone. I wish I had thought to bring a second pair of socks and I hope my pants and gloves dry out before it's time to go home because putting on damp clothes and going out in the cold is not fun. But all that pales in comparison to what I found when I took my clothes out of the pannier -- or rather what I didn't find. Stockings. I remember taking them out of the dresser but I must have left them on the floor in my dressing room because they are NOT in the pannier. And now I'm sitting here bare legged in a skirt. I am cold and very uncomfortable. There's a small chance the hospital gift store has stockings so I'll go down after I finish my tea.

I did run yesterday and it was difficult. I still have a bit of a cough and it was hard to breathe. My shoes seem to be working out. The laces are still not quite right -- a bit too tight on the left foot -- but otherwise they feel pretty good. We're only doing 5 miles this Sunday and I'll wear them again. We're going to be running on part of the course. Hopefully not a hilly part of the course.

Okay, I can't stand it any more. I'm going to search out some stockings. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: