02 November, 2009

Racking up the miles

Thursday I did indeed have another great run, an hour and just under 5 miles. Obviously, I'm not setting any speed records but hey, I'm not walking. We had a wonderful dinner Thursday night - cassoulet. It was great.

And Friday I got Mr. M to the airport WAY early. He was just so sure that we were going to run into Friday afternoon traffic that he made me take him extra early. It ended up to be good for me because I was home before 3 and didn't run into any traffic at all! I had knitting goals and I set to right then. My first goal was to move the markers on the Frost Flowers stole, so I set out to finish up rows 29 and 30, which was enough for one sitting. Then I moved on to my white angora sweater ... the modified Simple Knitted Bodice. Instead of the lace portion under the bust I decided to do a little 2x2 ribbing to pull it in a bit, and also to add a twisted stitch - like a 2 stitch cable . So I worked on that until I was tired and that was my Friday.

Saturday I was expecting to be rehearsing in the evening so I got up and out early so I could go shopping for new running shoes. I got them, got to the grocery store and gave Tinkerbell her walk all before 2:30. So I settled in to do some good time on the Frost Flowers Stole. I should put up some WIP pictures. It's starting to look like something. While I was knitting along Doug called and canceled the rehearsal. I had been thinking about making some candles lately so I took the opportunity to do so, since I had a free evening. I filled 3 on Saturday night and Sunday, after my run, I did 4 large ones and 2 smaller ones. Different scents Saturday and Sunday since I'm using my old supplies and don't have more than 1 oz of any one scent except lavender. They look pretty good so far. I've got to let them cure for a couple more days and then I can burn them.

Ah ... and so yesterday was my big training run. And I wanted to break in my new shoes. The weather was just perfect. We met at the Madison Park Starbucks and ran from there down to the REI on Eastlake and back again. Round trip -- 10 miles. Ten HILLY ... very very hilly .... miles. I thought I was going to expire. There is a HUGE difference between running on the flat and running hills. It took me nearly 2 1/2 hours to run 10 miles, mostly because I was walking up the larger hills. When I got home I filled up that tub and just let the jets work their magic. I don't feel too bad today either. I rode my bike in. My knees are a little bit achy, but other than that ... not so bad. The route for the 1/2 marathon is indeed quite hilly so I don't expect to finish it in under 3 hours. And then I'm taking a day off and doing a spa day. I am going to be happy to have my Sundays back too. Even though I did get some candles made yesterday, it really takes a bite out of the weekend, especially if I have to rehearse. [and now I will quit complaining].

No comments: