30 November, 2009

Vacation day

Ah ... I should say "vacation" day since I've been working all morning. I'm taking the rest of the day off though - no working, no more emails to work. I've finished all the carpet cleaning I'm going to do today and the rest of the day is dedicated to knitting and relaxing.

It wasn't a bad holiday, considering the son was staying with us for a few days. Thursday we went out for Thanksgiving dinner, just the two of us. The dinner was fabulous and it was great not to have to cook for a bunch of ungrateful people, like last year. I even ended up with enough left overs to have a sandwich the next day. I did work on the Frost Flowers Stole as well and got lots of it done. However because of the way I have been sitting in the chair and the fact that the lace yarn is on a cone, I have to pull up each time I need more yarn and after a couple days of doing that for a few hours each time, my shoulder is hurting! So I made another hat, just to keep my knitting chops up and get another gift on the pile.

Friday we went to see the new Christmas Carol in 3-D at the Imax theatre. It was astonishing! Just enchanting. The 3-D is so realistic and the movie itself is lovely and very true to the original story.

Mr. M was working all of Saturday and Sunday, getting up each morning between 3:30 and 4 am. He did the children's 1/2 marathon and 5K on Saturday and the regular marathon and 1/2 marathon (the one I was supposed to run) on Sunday, then both days afterwards to set up another huge show in Tacoma. So I had plenty of time alone to feel sorry for myself and other such useless pastimes. I was so blue yesterday I couldn't even knit. Lucky for my state of mine, we had a rehearsal and I went. First time in a month! The boys were very happy to see me and I did okay, considering. I was coughing quite a bit after a couple of songs and was wishing I had brought my inhaler but I kept on and made it for 3 hours.

And now I think I'll cast on for a pair of cashmere fingerless mitts for my sister.

No comments: