05 November, 2009

I give up

Next Tuesday the UW is having a seasonal flu clinic at the medical center. I don't usually get flu shots, but considering what I've already been through and that I do NOT want to get sick again, I am going to be first in line! Thankfully this go 'round seems to be just(!) a simple cold and sore throat, nevertheless I'm working from home again just to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

I had a pretty busy day yesterday, got lots of work done. At lunchtime rather than walk Tinkerbell I had a quick little snooze, which helped me finish out the day strong. I sure wish I could have a little nap at work sometimes! I remember one guy used to keep a futon in his office and have a little lay down every day after lunch.

My training schedule is all off track this week. I haven't been able to run since the 10 miles on Sunday and this coming Sunday we're set for 12.5 miles! I am hoping I'll feel good enough tomorrow to at least do a slow 30 minutes so the Sunday run doesn't kill me.

Still puttering along on the angora sweater. I should really cast on for some socks or fingerless mitts but I am actually waiting for the yarn my sister ordered for her coat. When that comes I'm going to have to concentrate on that so I can have it finished for her birthday. Until then ... no new projects.

No comments: