12 November, 2009

WIP-tacular


I have had a bad case of start-itis lately. Tuesday when I got home I just couldn't help myself. I have been wanting to make something with the two gorgeous balls of Tilli Tomas Beaded Lace I got from Little Knits a few months ago and I finally found a pattern on Ravelry that I thought might work. Problem is that I only bought two balls ... well, even on sale it is very expensive. Every pattern I found called for at least 3, until I found Enchanting, a scarf with a tilting blocks pattern. I got the yarn wound and cast on and got a few rows in when there was a knock on the door -- this had to be aboutyarn for my sister's coat, the Long Coat with Chevron Lace, from Fitted Knits. I promised her that I would put all other projects aside when her yarn came and get to work on that coat, so since yesterday was a holiday, that's just what I did. I slept in, went shopping at Trader Joe's and then settled in for a long afternoon of knitting. This is "big ass" knitting (as my friend Peggy calls it) -- large needles and bulky yarn. I haven't worked with big yarn for a long time now. The better I get at knitting the smaller the needles I seem to want to us 6:30 pm. It was the e. But the thing about big needles and yarn - instant gratification. I got the sleeves on holders and all of the shaping done and now I am working on the body of the coat! If I can keep up the pace I should be able to finish this before Thanksgiving.

Also on the WIP list is a modified Simple Knitted Bodice in white angora and the stripped crochet scarf. Instead of lace I'm doing a ribbing with a twisted stitch that looks like a little cable.

I ended up not running on Tuesday but I HAVE to do it today and I can breathe a lot better. This cold is hanging on but my cough is nearly gone and I am pretty sure a run will do me good.

No comments: