10 January, 2014

Getting closer to actually cutting the cord

Well, yesterday was entirely a blur.  I had a ridiculously horribly bad night Wednesday, including having to take Tink out at 5 am.  I was beyond exhausted when my alarm went off, thought I had put it on snooze but had turned it off.  I didn't wake up until after 7, at which point I decided I would stay home.  Everyone at work has been sick, Ben's been sick, *I* do NOT want to get sick, and if my body is telling me I need to rest, then that's what I'm going to do.  I went back to sleep until Tink could no longer stand it, which was 9:30.  She got another little walk, I did some email and fell back asleep AGAIN until 3 o'clock!  I am not kidding.  It was like I was drugged.  Obviously I needed it, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep during the night, so I fought off going to sleep again after giving Tink another walk.  I didn't have to worry.  I was asleep by 10, slept through the night and today I feel just fine.  So - hopefully my body took care of whatever was trying to break me down.

Remember how excited I was to finally say goodbye to Comcast and "cut the cord"?  I got my HD TV antenna and picked up the modem and my service was set to start December 27.  However, I got a call on the 26th saying they were oversold and I would have to wait until there was a spot for me.  What???  People came to my apartment building selling this service and there is no service to sell?  I was very confused and very angry.  I called Comcast to cancel the service termination and on Monday spent quite some time on the phone trying to sort out the mess that was my CenturyLink order.  Finally I sent an email to the guy at Thornton Place who arranged the breakfast where they were selling the service and told him what had happened.  That's when the woman I had spoken to at the breakfast got into the picture and she has made things happen!  My service is turned on today!  So hopefully I can get everything fixed up this weekend and say bye-bye to Comcast on Monday.  Woohoo!

The Seahawks play the Saints tomorrow afternoon.  Big game.  If they win then we'll have to hope Ginny was right and that the resort close to our place in Mexico will be showing the football game.  Go Hawks!!!

No comments: