13 January, 2014

It's starting to dawn on me

Finally I am getting excited about my vacation!  I've been so busy and now I've got just a few days to get a summer wardrobe together and get into the vacation state of mind.  Although, I've never had much trouble doing that.  It is strange though to be going on a "gang" vacation.  And for an entire week!  But these are my good, old friends so I am sure it'll be crazy fun.  I cannot wait to get on the plane.   But there's an entire work week to get through.

Seahawks -- what a weekend!  Saturday was awesome football day.  They played great and the only bad part is that Percy Harvin got knocked out of the game after only a few plays!  Good heavens!  He got injured at the start of the pre-season, was out all of the season with the exception of a few plays in another game when he decided he wasn't sufficiently recovered from his surgery and now he gets knocked out.  I wonder if he'll be recovered enough for the game Sunday.  We'll be watching in Mexico.  I hope.  I should get some reservations at the closest place.

I got lots of wonderful knitting done on my Color Affection and then, in a rush on Sunday, didn't manage to get it packed up back to my place, so there I was with no knitting and the San Francisco & Panthers game to watch (recorded).  Oh I was SO mad!  Nothing to do but start a new project.  Oh sure, I do have other projects started but none of them are TV knitting.  I started the Hearts, Vines and Flowers shawl.  I guess it was last year when I decided to do this but when I went looking for the pattern on Elann it was gone.  I got in touch with them and they said they took it off after they ran out of the suggested yarn but they sent me a copy of the pattern.  I got in touch with the author of the pattern then (who doesn't LOVE Ravelry) and let her know.  She didn't even have a copy of it herself!  I forwarded my copy.  It starts out quickly.  I just wanted to make it because it's lace on huge needles.  Easy peasy.

I got my manicure and pedicure yesterday, then Wednesday I've got an appointment at lunchtime for leg grooming, plus that pesky bikini area.  (Oh yes, I love being a woman but sometimes .....)  Thursday is a trip to Derby to get my hair done.  Dana is leaving Friday so I had to do it Thursday.   So it'll be a busy week.  Hopefully busy at work as well.

No comments: