07 January, 2014

My lucky day

I'm hoping anyway.  And my year has already started out lucky - I won a Visa gift card yesterday. Today is the day my ex-husband's appeal of the divorce settlement is being heard.  I won a settlement in the divorce, then he filed a Request to Reconsider, which was denied.  Then he filed an appeal and that's what is being heard today.  So good vibes and happy thoughts sent my way would be most appreciated!  I don't expect to hear anything for a long while.  The courts take their own sweet time, so I'm not going to fret.  What happens happens.  But that being said, I would dearly love to win this as well. 

A couple months ago I downloaded the audiobook of The Hobbit, which was being offered on discount and I thought what the heck, it had been so many years since I had read the book.  It was showing on HBO, so I watched it and was so sorry I had missed seeing it in 3-D.  I was not going to miss out on the second installment, so I went during my little Christmas break.  I have to say though, I was very disappointed.  The story moved only a little, even with the addition of a character, and the violence was WAY over the top.  I can't stand all that blood and gore and heads rolling.  A good part of the movie I spent with either my eyes closed or my hands over my eyes.  Plus there was a stinky guy sitting in front of me - you know, as if he had left his clothes to mold in the washer before drying them.  And behind was the noisiest popcorn eater ever!  It was not a great experience.  Or am I too fussy?  Nah

I didn't even touch my knitting last night.  I had too many chores to do and then I finally sat down and it was time for Tink's 7 o'clock walk!  It was bread and cheese for dinner and early to bed.  Tonight I am hoping I can finish the rest of my chores early enough to cook a proper dinner (I'm thinking eggplant cutlets and a nice salad) and get at least an hour of knitting in and - am I being greedy? - maybe even some reading time as well!  I haven't finished my latest novel and just got another pre-order today.  There is a new book by Martha Grimes out and I got it for my Kindle app.  So - plenty to do at home.  Too bad I have to stick it out here for another 8 hours.

Let's hope this is a major lucky year for everyone (with one notable exception, of course).

No comments: