15 January, 2014

Step one

After a visit from the CenturyLink tech, my DSL light was green when I got home and I was able to finish the installation.  Woohoo!  I also got my AppleTV running on the wireless AND got a movie going on my iPad from Amazon Prime and, through the AppleTV, had it on my TV through AirPlay.  Unfortunately it's not HD unless I go through the Wii, so that's the second part of the thing.  Tonight I'll unplug the Comcast gear and, hopefully, get the HD antenna up and then I'll be completely free of Comcast.  Exciting, huh?  I think it's great.

With all of that going on as well as trying on outfits for the vacation, I didn't get any knitting done at all.  I did find that I have plenty of outfits and I'll undoubtedly pack twice what I need or will use, but that's okay.  Summer clothes are light.  What I do need to buy yet is a decent pair of PJs.  I do have cotton PJs and tank tops, but they're a bit too revealing to be hanging out with other people, other than family or intimates.  So ... perhaps when I go down to U Village at lunchtime for my InSpa appointment I can dash over to Victoria's Secret and see what I can find.  If nothing there, then on my way home Friday I can stop at Old Navy.  I do love Old Navy's PJ bottoms.  I'm sure I'll be able to find something.  It just can't be flannel.  It is HOT where we're going.

I saw some daffodils with buds yesterday when I was out for a walk at lunchtime (yes, yes I'm going to start running again real soon).  It seems very early for spring bulbs, but the weather has been extremely mild these past few weeks. Ever since that cold spell passed.  But winter has just started, so I'm not getting spring fever quite yet.

No comments: