06 January, 2014

Happy New Year!

Well that was a quick week and a half!  Happy new year everyone!  I had no WiFi and blogging from my iPhone is an exercise in frustration.  I did check in on Facebook once or twice but honestly, I was so busy I didn't think much about it.

What did I do?  Mostly helped Ben get his house together.  Day after day after day after day.  Thankfully not much paint touch up, although I believe in the spring when the light changes there will be plenty of that to do.  In the middle - well no, at the beginning there was Christmas.  That day was spent unpacking boxes.  I wanted to cook a turkey dinner for Christmas but the kitchen wasn't in any shape for that type of thing.  Boxing Day I went with him to Costco to pick out a TV set and mounting bracket for the living room to go over the fireplace and then the Dish guy came and hooked him up.  Whoohoo!  Football!   I did make turkey dinner for Boxing Day and it was perfect!  A day or so after that his sister and brother in law needed help moving the furniture back into their newly remodeled house.  There wasn't much I could do on that front, once the boxes were put into the (now 4 car) garage, so I spent the rest of that day removing blue tape from around windows and cleaning.  Oh man, seriously - it was work work work.  And all on a house that I don't live in!!  Finally, January 1, it was done enough to have people over.  And I was finished working.  So the rest of the weekend I spent doing plenty of knitting and watching football.  Perfection.

The Seahawks had a bye and we got to watch the wild card games.  Wow.  Seriously, they were awesome!  Next up the Seahawks play the Saints here at home.  Nothing is a slam dunk at this point, but we are sure hoping they'll win.

In the forefront of my brain right now is the upcoming REAL vacation in Mexico.  Twelve days and counting.  And I've got plenty to do until then.

No comments: