16 January, 2014

Still waiting for step 2

I was going to get my HD antenna up last night and disconnect all of the Comcast stuff, however I still had a connection and frankly I was just too tired to tackle anything.  I suspect that since I had the 15th as the shut off date, it didn't go off until midnight.  I am quite excited to see how that HD antenna works and to be rid of cable.  But I might not get around to it until I get back.  It depends on how this evening goes. 

I have to stop at the hair salon at 4 so I won't be getting home until nearly six.  I can get my clothes sorted out and into the suitcase while I cook something to eat and then I can then have tomorrow evening, after dropping Tink at the Dog Resort, to get my little things together.  The plane leaves Saturday at 6:55 am, which means getting up WAY too early to get to the airport on time.  I have to have everything ready to go Friday before I go to bed. 

I so wanted to knit last night, but by the time I sat down I just didn't have the energy.  I did what I could to stay awake as long as I could, but I think I must have dropped off before 10.  Then Tink needed to go out at 2 AM.  I don't know what's up with her.  This is the second time in as many weeks that she's needed to go out.  Maybe that's know why I've been so tired lately.  Or maybe I am just anxious to get on with vacation. 

I have a new audiobook that I am just loving, called The Bones of Paris.  It takes place in the late 1920's.  It's a little macabre, but I love the way the author describes Paris.  And knowing the streets she's talking about.  I don't hold any hope for a happy ending though.


No comments: