17 January, 2014

I don't get it

It was December 26 when I called Comcast and changed the date of my end of service to January 15.  I came home last night and wouldn't you know it, the service was still active.  I managed to get hold of a customer service rep this morning and was told that yes, my service was terminated effective January 15 BUT I'd still be getting service until the 26th.  huh?  And then the bills would reflect that the service was terminated January 15.  huh?  In the meantime I had paid half a month, knowing that Comcast bills a month in advance.  Now I'm getting overdue notices.  Crazy.

I didn't get home until 6 last night, which is very late for me.  Poor Tink could  not wait to get outside.  I was very tired, but after having a cocktail and cooking a little dinner I got a second wind and wound up watching ... rather RE-watching ... the first episode of the Sherlock series (the modern one with Benedict Cumberbatch).  It was on my mind since the third series is starting up on PBS this week.  So I stayed up a little later than I had intended, but fell right asleep and slept great until, oh ... about 3:30.  Then I was up and thinking about all the last minutes things I had to do today and I am just SO groggy today.  But I'm leaving at noon, so hopefully I can get a little nap in and get packed and even clean up a bit before Tink has to go to the doggie resort.  Then I'm on vacation baby!  I've got a bottle of Veuve Cliquot in the fridge just waiting.  Ahhhh   I know I'm going to have to get up at some ungodly hour, like 4 am.  But it's all fun after that.  And sun.  And tequila.  And laughing.  Should I take knitting?  I haven't decided.  I just remember that the last few times I have taken it I haven't touched it.  So .... still thinking.

No comments: