27 January, 2014

I won!! AGAIN!!

Wasn't I saying what a lucky start to the year I am getting??  And what is it about exotic vacations and good news?  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  Here's the thing -- We lost our WiFi at the casa on Tuesday.  I noticed that I had a voicemail but I couldn't get it without calling voice mail, which I didn't want to do.  I had a suspicion that it was my lawyer because she's the only one who would call me who didn't know I was out of town.  On Wednesday I got WiFi at a cafe and guess what was there.  An email from my lawyer telling me the appeals court denied the appeal, affirmed the original judgement!!  WooHoo!!!!  How awesome is that??  And we all rejoiced.  With tequila.

This was such an amazing trip.  The village was gorgeous and the weather hot and perfect.  We even had a lightening storm one night.  I went for a two hour horseback ride through breathtakingly gorgeous scenery.  I didn't even take pictures.  I was gasping with amazement every few minutes.  Pelicans flying and swooping, horses and bulls and oh the butterflies!  Really pretty.  Turtle nests and iguanas and the house had a cat.  The food was good.  I did get a few bug bites and it was pretty darned hot and muggy.  But there was the pool and the ocean just steps away.  I got a bit sick, not too bad but I missed a trip into town.  There was one major bump - luckily on the last night.

Four of us decided, after drinking a few shots of tequila, that we'd better toddle on down the beach for some dinner.  And afterwards somebody had a brilliant idea - let's walk home along the beach.  It's only three doors down.  In the pitch dark.  And somebody fell and that somebody was me.  Saturday morning I couldn't put any weight on my foot.  But we had to get home.  Thank goodness for the airport wheelchairs.  Especially since we had to change plans in LA and their customs is almost as bad as Heathrow.  I went straight to the emergency room.  I have a displaced fracture of my left big toe.  Not good.  I have to see an orthopedic surgeon later this week and in the meantime I am not to use the foot, keep it elevated and iced.  Thank goodness Ben's house is done because here we are.  I can let Tink out a couple of time and hook her up in the back.  I cannot walk her, especially in the icy weather.  I can telecommute. 

The good news is that it happened at the end of the vacation.  We'll see what is what later this week. 
I don't like not being mobile but I don't have too much to say about it at this point.  I am not good on crutches and it hurts when it's not elevated.  So.  Let's see what the week brings!

No comments: